Mechanisms of Horizontal Integration
The coordination function for SD within the Swiss Government is undertaken by the Interdepartmental Sustainable Development Committee (ISDC). More than 30 federal agencies are involved in ISDC.
Under the leadership of the ARE, the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH), Federal Office for Agriculture (FOAG), Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN) and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) together make up the ISDC leadership body.
The tasks of the ISDC include:
- Coordination of Confederation policy as it relates to sustainable development
- Inter-departmental and inter-agency coordination of Confederation activities
which are of significance to sustainable development
- Joint development of strategies and action plans for Switzerland's implementation
of Agenda 21
- Coordination of the stance taken by Switzerland in international processes,
and reporting to international bodies such as the United Nations
- Fostering relationships within the federal administration as well as with
the private sector and civil society.
This Country Profile has been last updated on: Monday, 18 July 2016
For the sources used in the country profiles, please click here.
More information about Switzerland